The Training is REQUIRED by law; not a choice:
The Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017 was signed into law on February 14, 2018;( effective immediately). This Act amends the Victims of Child Abuse Act of 1990 which makes it a duty to report within 24 hours, suspected child abuse, including sexual abuse, for all adults who are authorized to interact with minor athletes by a National Governing Body (NGB), a member of a National Governing body, or an Amateur Sports Organization that participates in interstate of international amateur athletic competition. NCYSA and our members are members of a NGB; the United States Soccer Federation.
The Act requires NGBs: (1) to develop training practices, policies and procedures to prevent the abuse of minor or amateur athletes and (2) to develop and enforce policies, mechanisms, and procedures to prevent, report, and respond to the abuse of minor athletes.
As members of an NGB, NCYSA and its member organizations are required to uphold and abide by the laws as stated above. It takes a village, and together we can accomplish providing a safer environment for the children we serve.
The following bullet points address Fall Season Rosters and Passes for Classic, Challenge and Academy:
- A Team CANNOT receive its Official Team Roster until ALL Team Officials have completed and passed the Training.
- Player passes may be validated any time once the Registrar receives the passes from the State Office.
- Only Team Officials that have completed and passed the training may be validated.
- If you have a team playing in an August Tournament, the deadline to submit the roster to NCYSA is July 16th. NCYSA will produce and mail the rosters/passes, but the Official Roster will be held by your Association’s Registrar until all Team Officials have completed and passed the Training. Again, you can officially validate players and Trained Team Officials. ALL Team Officials must be approved with Training before the Team can possess the Team Roster.
- The final deadline to submit rosters to NCYSA for fall season play is August 1st. Same conditions above apply. No Official Roster will be given to a team until ALL Team Officials have completed and passed the Training; but validation can be done for players and Team Officials that have completed and passed the training.
- New: Team Managers must be listed on the Official Team Roster
The following bullet points address Fall Season Play and Rosters and Passes for Recreation:
- ALL individuals (excluding team players) who will participate in practices and/or scrimmages, games, tournaments or any other competition, must complete and pass the Training.
- The deadline to complete the Training for Recreation is October 15th. No one should be participating in any form of competition with players until this is completed
- If a Player Listing by Team/Roster is used or required, ALL Team Officials must pass the Training. Communication between Registrars and the Abuse Prevent Liaison is mandatory for checks and balances.
- The Registrar cannot release the Player Listing by Team/Roster until ALL Team Officials have completed and passed the Training.
Each NCYSA member association (SSA) has an Abuse Prevention Liaison (Ms. Stephanie Plumb [email protected]) who is responsible for sending you the Training link and monitoring completion of the Training. Training involves watching a video and completing a quiz (Takes about 1 hour). The Training is good for two years.Sexual Abuse Awareness Training- Click Link